The St. Veronica Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is sponsored by the School to promote a cooperative effort at meeting certain needs of the student body.
PTO Constitution and By-Laws
2016-2017 PTO Executive Board:
The PTO strives:
- To serve in an advisory capacity to support the principal/administration;
- To provide a means by which parents can respectfully articulate their values and expectations regarding the school so that these can be examined and addressed by the principal/administration;
- To support and promote quality Catholic education at the school;
- To encourage Catholic values of family life;
- To share with teachers the values that parents are attempting to develop with their children at home;
- To acquaint parents with up-to-date information concerning current developments in educational initiatives as they may affect the School so that they can be in a better position to promote the legitimate rights of their children;
- To unify parents in an effort to raise funds each year for school needs.
- Coordinated through the PTO, St. Veronica Catholic School welcomes the help of parents, relatives, and friends. Volunteers are encouraged to help in school during school hours, at home with special activities, or with PTO fundraisers and activities.
PTO Volunteers and VIRTUS
All volunteers are required by the Diocese of Arlington to attend a VIRTUS training course on sexual misconduct entitled "Protecting God's Children." Please go to
to register for this class.
In addition to the VIRTUS training, volunteers supervising students will be required to undergo a background check. Please bring a check in the amount of $30 to cover the Diocesan charge for processing background paperwork. Check should be made payable to "St. Veronica School". Once VIRTUS training and background checks are complete, please submit your paperwork to the school office.
We especially need volunteers to assist in the library, lunchroom, and on the playground at lunch recess. You do not need to have a child enrolled in the school to be a volunteer.
St. Veronica Catholic School Volunteer Commitment Opportunities
The administration and PTO believes that parent involvement and participation in school activities is not only a means to show our support for the faculty and the school, but is absolutely necessary in order to maintain and expand many of the academic and extracurricular services offered by the school to our children.
Each family registered at St. Veronica School is required to earn a minimum of 60 points (for a dual parent household) or 30 points (for a single parent household) for combined volunteer services (12 or 6 hours of service) during the current academic year. The PTO encourages school families to volunteer at least 3 hours during each school quarter to help support activities throughout the entire school year.
To review and download the PVC Handbook, and all other PVC information, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact our PVC Coordinator, Francois Desamours.
Parents and Guardians may record and submit their hours within the PTO section, Volunteer Hours area of the school’s School Speak website. All points must be accrued by the end of the school year. To access the St. Veronica School Speak website, click here.
If you are unable to participate, you may optionally choose to donate $5.00 per point ($300 per dual parent household or $150 for a single parent household family) in lieu of volunteering. If a family situation makes completing PVC points impossible, please make an appointment to discuss this with the Principal, who has the discretion to excuse families from the PVC requirement.
Please keep in mind, the goal of the program is not to create an additional burden on families, but rather to assist the school, the faculty and the students as we all strive to give our children the best education possible. Thank you for your consideration and understanding - and please feel free to offer any suggestions you have, to help make this program run smoothly and effectively.