Lectio: Prayer Begins July 14th – August 18th
Though prayer is one of the essentials of a thriving faith, we often feel as if we’re talking to ourselves – or, worse, as if we’re talking to no one at all. How can something so vital to the Faith be so elusive?
Now, with the clear teaching and artistry of the Augustine Institute’s Lectio series, Dr. Tim Gray masterfully uses the discipline of Lectio Divina to show you how to make prayer an effective effort of love and intimacy. In six video sessions, Prayer: Finding Intimacy with God captures the secret to opening our hearts and minds to Scripture as the means to hear from God and then respond in conversation, basking in his presence and resolving to live in and through his love.
Engaging and accessible, Prayer: Finding Intimacy With God includes:
- The Lectio Divina approach of Reading, Reflecting, Responding, and Contemplating;
- Penetrating questions and insights for the six video sessions;
- Additional resources for a fuller understanding and application;
- Daily reflections to deepen the meaning of prayer in your life; and
- Space for personal journaling.
Breakfast served at 6:30 am, video lecture begins at 7:00 follow by small group discussions. We are finished by 8:10 am. Men of the parish, please join us.