St. Veronica Catholic Church and School is seeking energetic and highly motivated individual(s) to join our team as a Facility Maintenance Assistant(s). This is a Full-Time (40 hours/week) hourly paid position with benefits that include health insurance, retirement pension plans, and paid holiday, vacation and sick leave.
The candidate may work independently and/or as part of a team that performs general maintenance and repair work for the parish, school, and rectory. The ideal traits for this position are flexibility, reliability and willingness to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects at unprecedented times.
Overall Job Duties
Candidate will perform building maintenance, dust, mop, vacuum, wax floors, clean bathrooms, wash walls and windows, remove trash, mow the lawn, and work with industrial strength cleaning chemicals.
Candidate will set up and take down tables and chairs for the lunchroom and events; move furniture; and perform trade skills including painting and minor repair work. The candidate may also supervise seasonal help and volunteers; and perform other job related duties as required, including working in inclement weather while performing ice/snow removal. Candidate will also have on-call after hours during inclement weather and special parish and school events.
· Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form;
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills;
· Ability to work as a team and establish and maintain effective working relationships with both external and internal contacts;
· Ability to work well under minimal supervision;
· Capacity to take direction and strong attention to detail;
· Willingness to work early morning or late night shifts;
· Physically capable of lifting and moving equipment up to 50 pounds as necessary; and
· Ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check.
Please submit your resume online to Mr. Douglas Munger, Facility Manager, at his email email@example.com.